Weekend Culinary Experience At A Romantic Italian Apartment.
Thursday – Arrival in Bologna and a welcome dinner
We will meet you at the Bologna train station or airport and transport you to your accommodation for the weekend. You will be staying in the heart of Bologna in a cozy private apartment that is just a short distance from Piazza Maggiore, the main square of the city. Our welcome dinner in the city center will introduce you to traditional Emilia Romagna cuisine.
Friday – Two factory visits: Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and balsamic vinegar
See for yourself how the Italian delicacy of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese is produced! Our morning will begin by watching the “casaro” transforming milk into wheels of cheese, then tasting the delicious aged Parmigiano at the end of our tour.
We will then visit a local “acetaia” to see firsthand how traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena is produced and aged with a tour led by the passionate, dedicated factory owner. At the end of this tour we will also taste this product at its various ages.
After the tours, you will return to your apartment and have some free time to yourself. In the afternoon we will meet you again for a delightful walking tour of Bologna. Over the course of about two hours we will share our favorite hidden spots and corners of the city, as well as take you to our favorite gelateria for a sweet indulgence. You will have the rest of the evening to enjoy dinner on your own.
Saturday – Shopping at the local market and a homemade dinner
Our day will begin with a walk to the “Mercato di Mezzo,” Bologna’s central food market. We’ll do as the locals do and select our daily fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, and cheese for our afternoon cooking class as we share with you the culture, history, and gastronomy of the region.
We’ll have a light lunch together at our favorite salumeria nearby with regional cheeses, salumi, and a glass of wine. Then we will return to your apartment where we will cook a four-course menu of traditional regional dishes for your farewell dinner, including fresh hand-made pasta.
Sunday – Departure day
We’ll transport you to the airport or train station depending on your travel itinerary.
Available all year round, upon request (from Thursday to Sunday)
Price per person
Euros 650 – Eventual third person Euros 480
• 3 nights in lovely apartment in Bologna center
• Cooking lessons held in English
• Dinner after the cooking lesson with selected regional wines
• 1 meal at restaurant with selected regional wines, mineral water and coffee
• Walking tour of Bologna center, in English
• Bologna food market visit with English speaking guide
• Visit to Parmigiano Reggiano –Parmesan cheese– factory and tasting
• Visit to Balsamic Vinegar of Modena producer and tasting
• Our recipe book in English
• Traditional Italian hand printed apron
• Private transfers and assistance on arrival and at departure (from and to Bologna train station or airport)
• flight ticket
• personal expenses
• everything not written in the program
• Cancellation insurance
• Local taxes (city taxes)