Celebrate New Year's Eve At A Romantic Restaurant On Top Of The Hills
December 27 – Get settled, enjoy a welcome dinner and an introduction to traditional Italian cuisine of the region
We will meet you at the Bologna airport at the beginning of your tour and provide private transfer to your hotel located in the heart of the city.
We’ll get to know each other over dinner at a restaurant in Bologna while savoring delicious dishes that are typical of the region.
December 28 – Taste fresh extra virgin olive oil, a wine tasting, and a hands-on family cooking class with traditional Christmas specialties
We’ll begin our day with a drive to the rolling hills and olive groves of Romagna. Here we will taste delicious, fresh extra virgin olive oil and then drive to a nearby winery to sample local wines amongst a scenic view.
After our tastings, we will visit a nearby restaurant for lunch. Owner Nicola and his wife will prepare specialty dishes, featuring local herbs, for us to enjoy. Then we will return to Bologna after lunch.
Our afternoon will be spent at a private home with an Italian family cook. During this hands-on cooking class, we will learn from the experts how to make egg pasta from scratch with a rolling pin, along with a variety of other festive Christmas dishes that are typical of the region. You will receive a recipe book of what you have learned to make that day and, of course, we will feast on our creations for dinner!
December 29 – A walking tour of the city center, a wine aperitif and light lunch, and gourmet dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant
Enjoy a leisurely start to the day before we begin our walking tour of the historic medieval center of Bologna in the late morning. We’ll show you our favorite places in town with unique history, then relax over aperitif, wine tasting, and a light lunch at a charming enoteca.
That evening, we will have an unforgettable dining experience in Imola at San Domenico Restaurant. With more than 45 years of history, this is one of the most celebrated restaurants in the world and has received a two-star Michelin rating for many years. Chef Valentino Marcattilii is known worldwide for his expertise. San Domenico boasts more than 25,000 bottles of wine in its cellars, some dating back to Napoleon’s time.
December 30 – Visit production of Parmigiano-Reggiano and traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena, a gourmet lunch, and dinner in Bologna
We will depart in the early morning for a visit to a family institution where we’ll view all stages of Parmigiano Regianno production. We’ll learn all about this world-famous cheese and, of course, finish the tour with a cheese tasting. From there, we will make the short trip to Modena to another family-owned business that produces the famous balsamic vinegar of Modena. At this place, we will learn from the owner how balsamico is made and taste the product at various stages of its creation. We will enjoy a delicious lunch together at nearby restaurant in Modena.
After lunch, we will return to Bologna for some time to rest before we have dinner at an osteria in the city center.
December 31 – Bologna market food tour and a traditional Italian New Year’s Eve dinner (cenone)
Our last day of the tour will begin with a morning stroll to the central city market. At this location, the narrow medieval streets are overflowing with Italian food shops, stands, and delis that are just as much a feast for the eyes as they are for the taste buds. You will have time to explore the market on your own and enjoy a lunch of your choosing.
During the day, you will have time to soak in the atmosphere of the Bologna center in its festive Christmas décor as you walk and shop through the streets.
We will drive to Monte Del Re in the evening for our Italian-style farewell dinner that is sure to be an unforgettable experience. This charming, one-of-a-kind restaurant was once a monastery in the 13th century and today offers a harmonious dining atmosphere. Dinner will be followed by music, after which we will return to our hotel in Bologna.
January 1 – Departure day
We will have one last breakfast together at the hotel before your departure from the Bologna airport or train station.
27 December 2016-01 January 2017
Price per person
Euros 2180 – Single Supplement Euros 220
• 5 nights in lovely four star hotel, breakfast included
• 1 Italian cooking lesson with English assistance
• 1 dinner after the cooking lesson with selected regional wines included
• 3 meals with selected regional wines, mineral water and coffee
• 1 gala dinner at San Domenico 2 Michelin star with selected regional wines, mineral water and coffee
• 1 special New Year Eve’ dinner (Cenone di Capodanno) with selected regional wines, mineral water and coffee and Italian Spumante for the midnight “cin-cin”
• Walking tour of Bologna center, in English
• Aperitif and Wine tasting at Enoteca
• Bologna guided food market visit in English
• Visit to Parmigiano Reggiano –Parmesan cheese– factory and tasting
• Visit to Balsamic Vinegar of Modena producer and tasting
• Our recipe book in English
• Traditional Italian hand printed apron
• Private transfers and assistance on arrival and at departure (from and to Bologna train station or airport)
• Private car (or minivan) with driver for all the excursions listed in the program
• Local tour director English speaking throughout (Marcello or Raffaella)
• Flight ticket;
• Personal expenses;
• Everything not written in the program
• Cancellation insurance
• Local taxes (city taxes)